Type of Bites and Preserve

Bites can range from itchy to painful life threatening and you need not to live out in the wilderness to run the risk of getting one. Believe it or not, one of the most dangerous kinds of bites can be inflicted in your very own home – a bite from fellow human being. Funny isn’t it? But it is proven that humans have more bacteria in mouths than most wild animals, no matter how often we brush our teeth.

The following guide is to treat most common types of bites, as well as tips on how to avoid getting bitten.

1) Ice an itch.
Itchy mosquito bites may benefit an ice-cold compress. This is because the ice decreases the inflammation, pain and itching. You must ice the bite for 20 minutes at a time every few hours. You could also follow this tip if you have been bitten by non-poisonous spider bites, which can also leave an itchy welt.

2) Try an old fail-safe.
When you have a mosquito bite you could also try to use calamine lotion, a thin, chalky, pink liquid, and good for stopping the itch.

3) Give an antihistamine a try.
Over-the-counter antihistamine can also help an itchy bite, since the itch is really a mild allergic reaction. But it shouldn’t be used by pregnant women or persons who are allergic to this type of medicine.

4) Recognize the signs of a severe reaction.
The bite from venomous spider can cause a severe allergic reaction. It is important to recognize the signs of the allergic reaction. Severe allergic reaction may include difficulty in breathing, hives all over the body and loss of consciousness. Anyone who are experiencing this must be rushed to the emergency room at once.

5) Don’t panic if you’ve been bitten by a tick.
Lyme disease causes chills, fever, headache and other complications, but not all ticks carry the disease and not every Lyme-carrying tick will transmit it to you if happen to be bitten. Generally the tick must remain on the skin for 24-48 hours, in order to transmit the disease. The best thing to do is to check you on a daily basis. If you remove a tick from your skin, you must put it on a small jar, so if infection develops, the tick can be analyzed for lyme disease. If you notice any signs such as swelling or redness around the bite, bull’s-eye-shaped rash, fever or skin rash, you must seek your doctor.

6) Remove ticks with care.
To remove a tick from your skin, grasp the insect’s mouth parts by using tweezers as close as possible to your skin and pull it straight upward. Do not attempt to pull the tick’s body or head as it may break off, leaving mouthparts underneath your skin. When removed, apply local antiseptic such as alcohol or ointment to the bite.

7) Stop the bleeding.
If an animal bite has caused severe bleeding, apply pressure to the area with the palm of your hand. If the wound is large, tie a scarf, towel or t-shirt tightly around the site to create pressure over a large area. Immobilize the area. If the bite is on a limb, elevate the limb above the level of the heart.

8 ) Don’t treat a puncture like a scratch.
A bite that leaves a scratch but doesn’t really break the skin may be washed with soap and water then put cream or ointment. You need to be sure if the animal is rabid or not. You must observe the animal carefully. Wild animals, if the animal is particularly placid and it starts getting close to humans, there is something wrong with animal. You must report it on veterinarian to find out if there’s any outbreak of rabies in wild animals in your area.

9) Get a tetanus booster.
If you’ve been bitten by domestic or wild animal and the bite has broken skin, you must contact your doctor to see if you need a tetanus booster shot. All animals have a large number of bacteria that live in their mouths. You must watch for the signs like infection, redness and swelling.

10) Don’t get bitten in the first place.
Perhaps the most sensible way to treat a bite is in advance – before you get bitten. Stay away from wild animals if they let you approach and don’t pester snakes, spiders, bees or anything else that looks threatening.

Quote of the day:
It’s keep abreast of the insects and animals in your area, so you know what to watch out for.

Best readings:

Conclusion:
If you’ve been bitten by a snake that you suspect is poisonous, the best thing to do is to hightail it to the nearest emergency room. If you are far from medical attention, by following this:
Have someone catch the snake and kill it and bring it to the hospital with you, stay quiet, still and warm, if you have been bitten on a limb, remove any accessories and keep it stay immobilize, and do not apply ice. Stay safe and have a healthy life.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *