How to Open Current Account in SBI

Many of us might be quite uneasy when it comes to opening a bank account. The term bank account only makes people fret as banks have their preliminary images of delaying work all the time.

Current bank accounts are primarily for people who have numerous daily transactions. Such people include businesspersons, public enterprises, companies, and firms. Current accounts are non-interest bearing accounts. They are cheque-operated accounts that are not meant for either earning interest or for savings. A person availing a current bank account can deposit as much money as he/she can. However, he should make sure that he has funds to his credit.

Everyone has and needs a bank account of his own. Some are well accustomed with the features and steps to open a current bank account. Nevertheless, for those, who intend to open an account for the first time, it becomes a little uneasy. Therefore, following are some steps that would direct you to how to open a current bank account in SBI (State Bank Of India):-

Pre-requisites required:

To open a current bank account with SBI, one has to submit the following documents:-

1. The company proof with whom you are working. This might include a registration certificate like VAT registration etc.
  2. Your PAN card along with an address proof that may comprise of voter id, telephone bill, Unique Identity card or any government certified Identity proof.
  3. Two passport size pictures.
  4. The company seal.

Points to remember:

• One has to make an initial deposit of 10,000 INR if the person is an urban resident. In case of rural and semi-rural areas, it is 5,000 INR. This is the  lowest and minimum balance that should be maintained throughout.
  • When you are ready with all the above documents, just walk into your nearest SBI branch and open your account.

Best Readings:

Conclusion:
It takes just a day for the account to get activated. The chequebook is sent to the communication address while the account number and passbook would be given to you on the same day.

For more details,refer  https://www.sbi.co.in/

Comments

1. vigneshkannan says

anbulla ayya..
    nan theni district uthamapalayam talukavai sernthavan
    tharpothu tirupuril oru thaniyar niruvanathil paniyatri varukiren
    enaku tirupuril savings account open seiya mudiyuma…
    ration card, pan card, certificate ullathu………

2. balendra singh rana says

hello sir iam a student a nearly need to be open an account in ur reaputate organisation sbi in ghansali branch
    my question is i have only 3 proof voter id,pan card.and ration card
    than ho to be open sbi a/c???///

• says

Sir,
      As per KYC norms, your SSI registration,Ration card, (Residential Proof),PAN card(Identity Proof) and Business details and name of the concern name etc and Request letter for opening current account in Letter Pad. local registration shop establishment also must.

3. Jaydeep j Dave says

hello Sir,
    My Name Is Jayddeep Dave. I would like to open current account in Dahisar East, mumbai-400068 Branch, So Please guide me how to open current account, What Document are required, What will deposit to pay

thans,

regards,

JAYDEEP DAVE
    82 8686 4949

4. says

Dear sir/madam,
    they asking for introductor but i have no any introductor, am retired from indian army and have identity card for my identify pl suggest me what can i do.
    thanks

5. Ram says

Can there be two signatories for opening Current Account?

I would like to know the feedback asap, as i will be processing tomorrow :)

6. B.D.KALA says

Dear Sir,
    I am starting a business. I want open my current account in sbi. Also my saving account in this bank. After open the current account we can take the TIN No.

Pls. suggest me for open the new current account.

Thanks & Regards
    B.D.KALA

7. Aloke Samanta says

I want to open a current account in SBI of my proprietorship company. I have submit Trade Licence from Howrah Municipal Corporation,P-Tax registration, my Pan card, and Voter ID card. State Bank of India Kadamtala Branch is not opening my account. If there require any other document.

8. Narayan Thakur says

Dear sir,
    I am interested open current account in your bank, related company account ,so request you suggest me documents requirements.

Thanks & Regards
    Narayan Thakur

9. Rajiv Saurastri says

I am working as the State Director, for Rural Development Institute Uttar Pradesh based in Lucknow. Rural Development Institute is a Trust registered in Bangalore. We have five offices in five states and each has a current account in SBI branches in those cities. We now wish to open a current account in Lucknow to handle the project funds of the UP project, started recently.

Please let me know what are the requirement and the process for opening a current account. Also would appreciate which branch we should approach.

Regards
    Rajiv

10. Suresh Kumar says

I want to open a current account. I have all the proofs but I dont have any company ID proof because I dont have any company name…I am just a small business retailer doing business at home….is it possible to open a current account?