Dear readers, you might be caught in a heavy traffic while scrolling your iphones and ipads and got hold this article on how to save petrol. Obviously, petrol or fuel/gasoline is one commodity beyond compare.
Our economy will be stagnant and dead once this very essential commodity will be lost or be nowhere to be found due to our abuses. Before that day comes let’s put then our collective efforts and do something to really save petrol for the betterment of our economy as a whole and for our lives in particular.
Some tips for filling petrol and diesel
- Buy petrol at dependable fueling station. This way you will avoid the risk of buying only the best quality of fuel.
- If opportunities permit, use your credit card in refilling or buying fuel in order to get bonus points of advantage discounts.
- Morning is the best time of the day in buying or refueling your cars. Thus, as much as possible, only buy or fill up your car or bike during early morning, when the ground temperature is still cold. Remember that all service stations have their storage tanks underground. The colder the ground, the more dense the fuel. When it gets warmer, petrol expands. So, buying in the afternoon or in the evening, your liter is not exactly a liter. In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and the temperature play an important role. 1 degree rise in temperature is a big deal for this business. But the service stations do not have temperature compensation at the pumps.
- Another most important tip is to fill up when your tank is half full and not when it’s almost consumed. The reason for this is, the more fuel you have in your tank the less is the air occupying its empty space. Petrol evaporates faster than you can imagine.
- Another useful information is to avoid filling up if there is a fuel truck pumping into the storage tanks when you stop to buy. Most likely, the petrol/diesel is being stirred up as the fuel is being delivered, and you might pick up some of the dirt that normally settles on the bottom.
As a conclusion, we must really be conscious with the responsibility of saving fuel and getting the most out of your hard earned money. Petrol buying might be too normal and simple, but if we exercise our smartness and common sense and most importantly if we apply the tips above, then we will definitely be saving from fuel, energy, time, money and bring more progress to the whole of India. Let us start this good change in ourselves.