A steam bath is defined as an ancient type of bath which was made popular and used first in ancient Greece and Rome. The origins of this steam bath started from the Roman bath. Ancient Roman baths became an important part of many communities and social gatherings in the Roman society. Everyone in the Romanempire used these public baths, whatever is his socioeconomic standing. The Roman baths were basically working through natural hot springs that come from beneath the earth.
Today, there are still some natural steam baths which often utilize similar process which the Romans did use. It contains particular pipes and pumps that bring water up and towards the large pool portion. In most case, heaters are also now included in these steam baths in order to maintain the warm temperatures in the baths.
- A lot of people know that steam rooms give a lot of benefits and advantages. The most common and obvious reason is to relieve tension buildup and various forms of stress.
- Steam bath will definitely give people a soothing and relaxing effect most especially after a hard day’s work.
- It does not only relax your muscles but most importantly it will keep your emotional mood more stable and happy.
- Various ailments such as arthritis, muscle pains and the like can be relieved because of its warm effect to the body.
- Old people will surely benefit from this since joint pains and other body pains can be relieved.
- It can also help reduce weight for those who are fat and in need of losing fats.
- Steam rooms due to its heat effect make you sweat a lot thus your body will eventually release toxins and other negative energies.
- It will also regulate and stimulate the flow of your blood and make your metabolism works faster.
- It also makes your skin looks fresh, young looking and truly healthy.
- It can give you a lot of self-confidence due to the good effects it will cause to your personal appearance
Disadvantages of Steam Bath:
- Since steam baths uses tap water, the things in it will be absorbed by your skin such as chlorine, and other chemicals which may not be healthy to your body.
- The humid temperature of a steam room is an easy breeding ground for bacteria and other viruses which may pose a risk in your health.
- Improper installation of these steam baths may cause headaches to the users.
- The heat emitted from the steam room may not be good for those who have asthma and heart problems.
- It is quite costly and if you have more important priority, you may not install one at the moment.
In conclusion, you must always see first your physician if going to a steam bath will do you more benefit than harm or disadvantages. It will be a more worthwhile experience if you are going there with safety precautions from your doctor.