Open a Savings Bank Account With SBI

by Shakti Singh Dulawat on January 6, 2010

Friend in save money series will now bring you how to open savings bank account in SBI. SBI is known as the State Bank of India. SBI offers their customers bank accounts which the customers need in different situations. Also the SBI includes savings account, current, PPF account, salary accounts, senior citizen and retirement savings account, no frills account, group account, demat account corporate group account, business current account, online bank account for the world wide web use, 3-in-1 account for online trading, international banking Nostro and Forex trading account, NRI accounts like NRE, NRO, FCNR accounts and so much more.

In opening a bank account in SBI (State Bank of India) you must need to ready some requirements. What you need are identity proof, address proof and a photograph. However, there are other things you must consider when opening a bank account in SBI and it is usually just a click away. Here’s how:

1) First and foremost, we mentioned, with just a click away. Meaning it is by the computer. Sounds easy, right? Then, you need to go on the SBI site and you have to use the locator so that you will know which the nearest branch of SBI near you is. By this, you will be noticing that there is either a close branch of SBI near your location or home.
2) Second, is when you go to the site of SBI you must print the account opening application form. Or you may try clicking the Forums section of the SBI site. For new persons who are into opening account, you have to download and print the two forms that you will see in the SBI site. Well, for those who do not have a printer at home, you have to go to the nearest SBI branch near you and you must fill up the application form.
3) Once that you have the printed application form, you must include other requirement like including your picture in the application form and also other documents that could be needed in the filing of application of the bank account. The pictures must be passport-sized. Of course, the filing of application needs the very important requirement which is to bring your opening deposit.
4) Now that you have all of the requirements, you have to choose from the above mentioned type of bank account you will use. If you want you may choose for the savings account or either the savings account plus. The savings account plus include a free ATM card, with free internet banking and many more.
5) If you want to be sure on how it is savings application is working and the needed requirements, you must call the hotline of the SBI which you will found in the site of SBI. SBI now provides your Account Balance and Transaction details over phone round-the-clock. Information on deposits & loan schemes and services also available. Call 1800112211 (tollfree from BSNL/MTNL)

You will surely love the benefits of having bank account in SBI because the great findings you are looking for in a savings account can be found in SBI. Online banking plus ATM card is a plus, this way; you won’t be able to go on the SBI branch near you just to have transaction with the bank. Plus, you will like good service they offer from the customer and SBI are giving away great interest rates and minimum charger and other good benefits from SBI is that it has advanced services that is perfectly bringing their customer to their needs. Now, all that you need in a savings account will be found in SBI.

Quote of the day:
Before having a bank account in the banks, you must consider the factors and the services that are offered by the bank. You may either search for the good factors and benefits before having a bank account that you like.

Best Readings:

Conclusion:
When you are applying for a bank account, you must ask any questions that you like regarding the opening the bank account. And you must get apply for an account that is best suits you. Enjoy more of our articles daily and stay safe everyone!

Please note: This Article is updated in new format you can review Guidelines for opening a saving account with the States Bank of India

{ 42 comments… read them below or add one }

SANJAY V. RANADE May 25, 2010 at 4:05 pm

R/Sir, Madam,
Saprem Namaskar.
I am going to open a Saving Account with Masjid Bunder Branch tomorrw;i.e on 26th May 2010. However, I would like to know whether I would get any kind of benefits after opening an account or else ? Kindly let me know what benefits would I get after becoming your customer ? Also, whether, I would be in a position to k now my account status through an Inter-Net service facility ?
Hoping for replies. Thanking you.
Yours sincerely,

S. V. RANADE.

ADMIN May 22, 2012 at 12:25 pm

First thing is SBI is government bank and becoming the largest government bank of INDIA the loan rate of government banks are low so If you open relationship with SBI you will got chance to get loan with good rate.
Second part is money security is high in government bank as compared to private

Margarita26KINNEY May 27, 2010 at 4:57 pm

If you’re in a not good position and have no money to get out from that, you will need to take the business loans. Because that will help you for sure. I take secured loan every year and feel myself fine because of that.

devendra pratap singh June 10, 2010 at 2:31 pm

want to open a saving account

ADMIN May 22, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Please contact your nearest Branch!

ninamakaushikkumarnanji September 1, 2012 at 6:58 pm

savings account amount
a/c.00000020078663924
office of digp
barrackno.4 of gc crpf
chiloda road
pin.382042
0113152092

Vincent Ross September 30, 2012 at 9:51 am

I am having Current Account in Kavas Branch but for the last 5years it was not operated, now it can be operate or not, A/c No: 10179266076. Pl. let me know.

$hakti $ingh Dul@wat September 30, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Vincent,
You need to contact your nearest Kavas Branch for this issue! I think they may be close your account!

Thanks,
Shakti

Nagendra kumar Kuppala October 1, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Hello,

I want to open a savings bank account in SBI. I need some information like is there any plan or scheme which not required minimum savings in the account and no application fee like 1000 or 1500 to open an account. Which include Debit card(ATM,Online banking), SMS alerts. Is there any plan which include these requirements. Any kind of information feel free to contact me.

Thankyou & Regards

$hakti $ingh Dul@wat October 1, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Nagendra ,
The extra banking help is chargeable by RBI I suggest you to Please contact your nearest SBI Branch for more details , they will clear your confusion
Best Wishes
Shakti

ARUP BARUAH November 11, 2012 at 9:42 pm

I want to open saving account in S B I IN GUAHATI MALIGAON BRANCH

Adarsh Muthala November 20, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Can anyone tell me whether identification is necessary in opening sbi savings account. I am from mandusa and would like to open an savings account in sbi mandusa branch. please post reply for my query

Shyam January 1, 2013 at 2:56 pm

I would like 2 open a new saving account in sbi….but i don’t no hw…an my age is 17 now…

Shyam January 2, 2013 at 5:17 am

Pl give me immediate solution.:-)

ashish pandey January 6, 2013 at 1:02 pm

ashish

AMIT KUMAR January 19, 2013 at 6:04 pm

HELLO SIR,
WITH DEEP REGARDS I WANT TO ASK U ONE THING THAT MY YOUNGER BROTHER OF 19 YEARS OF OLD CURRENTLY STUDYING IN 11TH CLASS IS DEAF & DUMB BOTH. HE CURRENTLY RECIEVED AN A/C PAYEE CHEQUE OF RS 1000 FROM THE SCHOOL AS AN SCHOLARSHIP AMPOUNT. CAN HIS ACCOUNT BE OPENED? IF YES THEN WHAT EXTRA DOCUMENTS SHOULD I NEED TO SUBMIT AND HOW CAN HE RUN AN ACCOUNT.
REGARDS
AMIT KUMAR

srinivas February 9, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Good afternoon sir
iam going to open new account but i have address proof is different
because iam staying rented house
manger is said i want clearly address proof
how can i get the address proof

Edwin Pinto February 18, 2013 at 2:09 pm

we have a group called 1982 batch St.Gabriels High Secodary School Jabalpur, we have a running trophy for the best sportsman of the school hence I like open an account with the Bank so that our group members from different parts of India can send their contribution, please guide me as I have been given the task to open the account.

Poonam Nebhani February 19, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Good afternoon sir
iam going to open new account but i have address proof is different
because iam staying rented house
manger is said i want clearly address proof
how can i get the address proof pease reply me urgently
Thanks & Regards
Poonam Nebhani

sachin ramesh rajankar February 28, 2013 at 9:13 am

good morning sir,
I am going to create new a/c please give me information to create
new saving account on sbi…..!
Thanks & regards
sachin rajankar

JAGRUP March 3, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Sir,
I am having a SB a/c in Gangtok . Can i open a new additional SB A/c at different location keeping the existing one.
Thanks & regards

JAGRUP March 3, 2013 at 4:51 pm

ir,
I am having a SBI SAVING a/c in Gangtok . Can i open a new additional saving A/c at different location in my name keeping the existing one.
Thanks & regards

Pravalika March 13, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Hello Sir,
I want to open a savings bank account in SBI. i would like to know fee opening in a sbi without cheque book
please give me reply urgently
Thanks & Regards

shyam sunder March 20, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Sir I want to open a saving bank account in SBI in Guruharkishan nagar Paschim vihar DELHI .I live in ADHYAPAK NGR NANGLOI 41 Please give reply urgently THANKS

mrinal kashyap March 24, 2013 at 9:30 am

i want to open a saving account with sbi bank

deepak kumar March 30, 2013 at 3:30 pm

i have a 10th pass marksheet and UID can i open an savings account in sbi

deepak kumar March 30, 2013 at 3:34 pm

i also need a iban and swift code that account .

Pavithra April 1, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I would like to open a savings account in SBI in Bangalore City, Karnataka,but I’m staying in Paying Guest,so could you please tell me what are all the documents needs to be submitted and required fee for the same.

Thanks and Regards,
Pavithra

Rebin June 18, 2013 at 2:10 am

You can furnish a bank letter head with your address or an HR letter with your correct address as address proof

Krishan Agarwal May 1, 2013 at 11:53 am

I would like to open saving account with State bank of India in Uttam Nagar. Hence kindly suggest or let me know if somebody can collect the document from me or shall i come to State bank branch for the same.

Thanks in Advance.

With best regards,
Krishan Agarwal
+91-85271-31100

healthy oils May 25, 2013 at 10:13 am

As such, it can be used for organic farming alongside neem oil and tea tree oils for
pest and fungal control. Jojoba mimics the sebum found naturally in
human skin and can replenish skin that has become dry due to age, weather, environmental pollutants or stresses.
It also has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce symptoms of acne,
eczema and psoriasis.

umesh kotwal June 10, 2013 at 3:57 pm

sir i wnt to open an account in sbi delhi. but my adds is ghaziabad loni. near by karawal nagar. can i open an account in delhi sbi branch. pls give me a reply. its very urgent sir.

ganesh solanke June 18, 2013 at 10:43 pm

sir,
i want to open an savings account in SBI online. So please suggest me procedure & important links. Thanking you.

shivam sharma June 28, 2013 at 6:24 pm

sir
i want to open an savings account in SBI . i am minor aged 17 and half years .sbi asks for 2 id proofs .but i only have a passport . Sir for other proof my class 12 marksheet or passing certificate would do good?
please suggest me a way out .Thanking you.

Manish kumar July 30, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Sir for opening minor saving account what documents should i have to gave

Manish Bohra August 10, 2013 at 5:34 pm

sir
i want to open an savings account in SBI in other state where i do not have any local address proof. even i have adhar card , driving licences etc. but local address is not there in these address proof. so suggest can i open a account to these address proof.

Manish Bohra August 10, 2013 at 5:37 pm

Dear Sir,

Thanks and Regards,

Dhanu Thapa August 23, 2013 at 5:38 pm

i want to open saving account in sbi

what they require docoment?
pls pls pls
i really want to know.

Sr.Jeesa August 26, 2013 at 4:55 pm

I would like to open a new savings a/c in SBI Ashoknagar.

bablu gour September 21, 2013 at 2:11 pm

sir i want open my a/c

sensi November 9, 2013 at 9:35 am

is it necessary for someone to introduce for starting an account with ur bank?

balu.a November 27, 2013 at 11:39 pm

sir i have one clarification the small mistakes on ration card in my name change but ode id correct name sir please replay me