Open a Savings Bank Account With SBI

Friend in save money series will now bring you how to open savings bank account in SBI. SBI is known as the State Bank of India. SBI offers their customers bank accounts which the customers need in different situations. Also the SBI includes savings account, current, PPF account, salary accounts, senior citizen and retirement savings account, no frills account, group account, demat account corporate group account, business current account, online bank account for the world wide web use, 3-in-1 account for online trading, international banking Nostro and Forex trading account, NRI accounts like NRE, NRO, FCNR accounts and so much more.

In opening a bank account in SBI (State Bank of India) you must need to ready some requirements. What you need are identity proof, address proof and a photograph. However, there are other things you must consider when opening a bank account in SBI and it is usually just a click away. Here’s how:

1) First and foremost, we mentioned, with just a click away. Meaning it is by the computer. Sounds easy, right? Then, you need to go on the SBI site and you have to use the locator so that you will know which the nearest branch of SBI near you is. By this, you will be noticing that there is either a close branch of SBI near your location or home.
2) Second, is when you go to the site of SBI you must print the account opening application form. Or you may try clicking the Forums section of the SBI site. For new persons who are into opening account, you have to download and print the two forms that you will see in the SBI site. Well, for those who do not have a printer at home, you have to go to the nearest SBI branch near you and you must fill up the application form.
3) Once that you have the printed application form, you must include other requirement like including your picture in the application form and also other documents that could be needed in the filing of application of the bank account. The pictures must be passport-sized. Of course, the filing of application needs the very important requirement which is to bring your opening deposit.
4) Now that you have all of the requirements, you have to choose from the above mentioned type of bank account you will use. If you want you may choose for the savings account or either the savings account plus. The savings account plus include a free ATM card, with free internet banking and many more.
5) If you want to be sure on how it is savings application is working and the needed requirements, you must call the hotline of the SBI which you will found in the site of SBI. SBI now provides your Account Balance and Transaction details over phone round-the-clock. Information on deposits & loan schemes and services also available. Call 1800112211 (tollfree from BSNL/MTNL)

You will surely love the benefits of having bank account in SBI because the great findings you are looking for in a savings account can be found in SBI. Online banking plus ATM card is a plus, this way; you won’t be able to go on the SBI branch near you just to have transaction with the bank. Plus, you will like good service they offer from the customer and SBI are giving away great interest rates and minimum charger and other good benefits from SBI is that it has advanced services that is perfectly bringing their customer to their needs. Now, all that you need in a savings account will be found in SBI.

Quote of the day:
Before having a bank account in the banks, you must consider the factors and the services that are offered by the bank. You may either search for the good factors and benefits before having a bank account that you like.

Best Readings:

Conclusion:
When you are applying for a bank account, you must ask any questions that you like regarding the opening the bank account. And you must get apply for an account that is best suits you. Enjoy more of our articles daily and stay safe everyone!

Please note: This Article is updated in new format you can review Guidelines for opening a saving account with the States Bank of India

Comments

1. SANJAY V. RANADE says

R/Sir, Madam,
    Saprem Namaskar.
    I am going to open a Saving Account with Masjid Bunder Branch tomorrw;i.e on 26th May 2010. However, I would like to know whether I would get any kind of benefits after opening an account or else ? Kindly let me know what benefits would I get after becoming your customer ? Also, whether, I would be in a position to k now my account status through an Inter-Net service facility ?
    Hoping for replies. Thanking you.
    Yours sincerely,

S. V. RANADE.

• says

First thing is SBI is government bank and becoming the largest government bank of INDIA the loan rate of government banks are low so If you open relationship with SBI you will got chance to get loan with good rate.
      Second part is money security is high in government bank as compared to private

2. Vincent Ross says

I am having Current Account in Kavas Branch but for the last 5years it was not operated, now it can be operate or not, A/c No: 10179266076. Pl. let me know.

3. Nagendra kumar Kuppala says

Hello,

I want to open a savings bank account in SBI. I need some information like is there any plan or scheme which not required minimum savings in the account and no application fee like 1000 or 1500 to open an account. Which include Debit card(ATM,Online banking), SMS alerts. Is there any plan which include these requirements. Any kind of information feel free to contact me.

Thankyou & Regards

4. Adarsh Muthala says

Can anyone tell me whether identification is necessary in opening sbi savings account. I am from mandusa and would like to open an savings account in sbi mandusa branch. please post reply for my query

5. AMIT KUMAR says

HELLO SIR,
    WITH DEEP REGARDS I WANT TO ASK U ONE THING THAT MY YOUNGER BROTHER OF 19 YEARS OF OLD CURRENTLY STUDYING IN 11TH CLASS IS DEAF & DUMB BOTH. HE CURRENTLY RECIEVED AN A/C PAYEE CHEQUE OF RS 1000 FROM THE SCHOOL AS AN SCHOLARSHIP AMPOUNT. CAN HIS ACCOUNT BE OPENED? IF YES THEN WHAT EXTRA DOCUMENTS SHOULD I NEED TO SUBMIT AND HOW CAN HE RUN AN ACCOUNT.
    REGARDS
    AMIT KUMAR

6. srinivas says

Good afternoon sir
    iam going to open new account but i have address proof is different
    because iam staying rented house
    manger is said i want clearly address proof
    how can i get the address proof

7. Edwin Pinto says

we have a group called 1982 batch St.Gabriels High Secodary School Jabalpur, we have a running trophy for the best sportsman of the school hence I like open an account with the Bank so that our group members from different parts of India can send their contribution, please guide me as I have been given the task to open the account.

8. Poonam Nebhani says

Good afternoon sir
    iam going to open new account but i have address proof is different
    because iam staying rented house
    manger is said i want clearly address proof
    how can i get the address proof pease reply me urgently
    Thanks & Regards
    Poonam Nebhani

9. sachin ramesh rajankar says

good morning sir,
    I am going to create new a/c please give me information to create
    new saving account on sbi…..!
    Thanks & regards
    sachin rajankar

10. JAGRUP says

Sir,
    I am having a SB a/c in Gangtok . Can i open a new additional SB A/c at different location keeping the existing one.
    Thanks & regards

11. JAGRUP says

ir,
    I am having a SBI SAVING a/c in Gangtok . Can i open a new additional saving A/c at different location in my name keeping the existing one.
    Thanks & regards

12. Pravalika says

Hello Sir,
    I want to open a savings bank account in SBI. i would like to know fee opening in a sbi without cheque book
    please give me reply urgently
    Thanks & Regards

13. shyam sunder says

Sir I want to open a saving bank account in SBI in Guruharkishan nagar Paschim vihar DELHI .I live in ADHYAPAK NGR NANGLOI 41 Please give reply urgently THANKS

14. Pavithra says

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I would like to open a savings account in SBI in Bangalore City, Karnataka,but I’m staying in Paying Guest,so could you please tell me what are all the documents needs to be submitted and required fee for the same.

Thanks and Regards,
    Pavithra

• Rebin says

You can furnish a bank letter head with your address or an HR letter with your correct address as address proof

15. Krishan Agarwal says

I would like to open saving account with State bank of India in Uttam Nagar. Hence kindly suggest or let me know if somebody can collect the document from me or shall i come to State bank branch for the same.

Thanks in Advance.

With best regards,
    Krishan Agarwal
    +91-85271-31100

16. says

As such, it can be used for organic farming alongside neem oil and tea tree oils for
    pest and fungal control. Jojoba mimics the sebum found naturally in
    human skin and can replenish skin that has become dry due to age, weather, environmental pollutants or stresses.
    It also has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce symptoms of acne,
    eczema and psoriasis.

17. umesh kotwal says

sir i wnt to open an account in sbi delhi. but my adds is ghaziabad loni. near by karawal nagar. can i open an account in delhi sbi branch. pls give me a reply. its very urgent sir.

18. ganesh solanke says

sir,
    i want to open an savings account in SBI online. So please suggest me procedure & important links. Thanking you.

19. shivam sharma says

sir
    i want to open an savings account in SBI . i am minor aged 17 and half years .sbi asks for 2 id proofs .but i only have a passport . Sir for other proof my class 12 marksheet or passing certificate would do good?
    please suggest me a way out .Thanking you.

20. Manish Bohra says

sir
    i want to open an savings account in SBI in other state where i do not have any local address proof. even i have adhar card , driving licences etc. but local address is not there in these address proof. so suggest can i open a account to these address proof.

21. Manish Bohra says

Dear Sir,

Thanks and Regards,

22. balu.a says

sir i have one clarification the small mistakes on ration card in my name change but ode id correct name sir please replay me

23. Subhashchandra K Pandit says

Sir
    I want to open seving a/c in SBI
    What they Require docoment
    Please replay me.

Trackbacks

1. […] on how to apply for bank accounts, please read our article regarding that, the title is, Open a Savings Bank Account with SBI. But if you are looking for what types of bank accounts are offered, here are some types of bank […]